Assignment 1Due: 9:00 am, Thu 6 Sep
- Familiarize yourself with the Course Policies.
- Think Python chapters 1-3. Don’t just sit back and read passively, get your hands on the keyboard using your Reading Journal (see below)! Note the times you start and stop reading (please do this for all the readings). You will use this to avoid working longer than required by the course policy. Also, the reading journal notebook asks how long you spent on the readings and notebook questions – we will use this to calibrate the course work.
- Think Python chapter 5: sections 5.2-5.7 and section 5.11.
- Make sure to finish up any activities that you didn’t get to from the Day 1 materials, including setting up your environment.
- Complete the course entrance survey before class on Thursday. This counts towards your participation grade.
- Complete Reading Journal 1.
Note: Because GitHub Classroom was not initially active for this class, it’s also OK if you completed the Reading Journal by manually downloading Reading Journal 1 directly from GitHub. We will get everyone set up with the GitHub method on Thursday.